Pain Management Specialists participates in Medicare, most commercial insurance plans and accepts some Medicaid and workers compensation insurance. We also offer discounted rates for uninsured patients who pay their charges in full at the time of service.
If our doctors perform a medical or surgical procedure, you may get a separate bill from Monocacy Surgery Center in Frederick, Maryland or a hospital, depending on where the procedure was performed. All of these facilities are licensed by the state and accredited by The Joint Commission. They all accept Medicare, worker’s compensation and most other popular health insurance plans.
We always verify your insurance coverage prior to your appointment so there are no surprises, and we work diligently with your insurance plan to authorize any medically necessary tests and treatments. If you are responsible for a copayment, coinsurance and/or a deductible, this will be collected at the time of service.
To make payment easier, we offer the convenience of leaving a credit or debit card on file and payments may be made online. We also offer payment plans to help patients pay higher balances over a period of time.
If you have questions about fees, insurance coverage or other billing issues, please call 301.668.8888, or email email@example.com.
Insurance & Fees
The following is the list of insurances with which we participate. This will be updated from time to time as needed:
- Aetna Commercial/Medicare
- Anthem BCBS
- CareFirst Adventist Tier 1
- CareFirst BCBS
- Cigna Healthcare
- DC Medicaid
- Department of Labor – Black Lung Program
- Department of Labor – Energy Program
- Department of Labor – FECA Program
- HealthNet Federal Services (HNFS) Tricare
- Maryland Medicaid
- Maryland Physicians Care
- Medicare – MD – Novitas
- Medicare – MD – Novitas – Revalidation
- Medicare – Novitas – DC/Surr. Counties
- Medicare – Palmetto GBA – VA
- Railroad Medicare DC
- Railroad Medicare Maryland
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan – Maryland
- University of Maryland Health Partners
- Virginia Medicaid
- WebTPA – Custom Ink
Note: You should always check with your Privia Medical Group provider to verify plan and product coverage as this is not an exhaustive list, and plans change frequently.
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and personal checks.
We encourage patients to keep a credit card on file to make the checkout process easier, faster, and more efficient. You will no longer receive statements from us, but you will continue to receive your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance carrier once your claim has been processed, detailing the charges and payments made on your behalf.
At check-in we will:
- scan the credit card of your choice, including your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) card
After your insurance has paid their portion, we will:
- notify you via email of the balance owed
- charge the balance owed to your card on file
- email a receipt for the charge
Your credit card information will always be fully protected by our off-site, card-processing partner Elavon, and not on our computers, as required by industry standards (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard – PCI-DSS).